Next Public Meeting: Wednesday, October 3rd, 2007, 9:00 AM at City College
The Commission public hearing on October 3, 2007 will begin at 9 am and will be held at the City College of New York, in Aaron Davis Hall, 138 Convent Avenue at West 135th Street, in Manhattan. Special Procedures for City Planning Commission Hearing on October 3, 2007 Public Meeting Calendar: not yet available View the Calendar for September 19th
The Calendar includes:
- General Rules of Procedure
- The Commission
- Order of Business & Index
- How to Participate (Including form for written comments)
- Scheduling for Next Commission Meeting
- Public Hearings
On Wednesday, October 3, 2007, at 9:00 a.m., at the City College of New York, in Aaron Davis Hall, 138 Convent Avenue at West 135th Street, in Manhattan, a public hearing will be held by the City Planning Commission on:
1. Land use applications for a zoning map amendment (C 070495 ZMM), and a zoning text amendment (N 0704976 ZRM) and a related Draft Environmental Impact Statement DEIS) (06DCP032M) submitted by Columbia University in the City of New York. The project area is generally bounded by the Hudson River to the west, West 133rd and West 135th streets to the north, Broadway to the east, including several parcels located east of Broadway between West 131st and West 135th streets, and West 125th Street and St.Claire Place to the south; and
2. an application submitted by Manhattan Community Board 9 pursuant to Section 197-a of the New York City Charter for a proposed plan called “Community Board 9 Manhattan 197-a Plan” concerning Community District 9, an area generally bounded by West 110th Street, West 155th Street, the Hudson River and St. Nicholas, Jackie Robinson and Morningside parks.
The City Planning Commission will be conducting the hearing using procedures that are different than its usual public hearing procedures:
1. The hearing will begin at 9 am.
2. Presentations lasting not more than 15 minutes will be made by each applicant. After each presentation, the Commission will question each applicant.
3. After the above presentations and question period, the Commission will hear speakers in the order in which they have registered on the day of the hearing. The Commission will hear elected officials first, followed by the general public.
4. All speakers may testify for a maximum of 3 minutes and may speak on either or both proposals during that 3 minute period.
5. The Commission will hear all speakers who have registered. Lateness of the hour may require that the hearing be recessed until 9 am, Thursday October 4 at Spector Hall, 22 Reade Street in Manhattan.
Only those speakers who registered on October 3 will be able to speak on October 4.
Those wishing to speak must fill out a speaker’s slip which will be available at Aaron Davis Hall on the day of the hearing. Doors will open at 8:30 am. Since speakers may testify on either or both items, they will only be required to indicate their name, and affiliation if any, on the slip.
Speakers who bring written material for distribution to the Commission should bring 17 sets of such material.
Aaron Davis Hall is located on the east side of Convent Avenue, just south of W. 135 Street. It may be reached by taking the #1 train to 137th Street and Broadway, then walking two blocks south to W. 135th Street and then two blocks east to Convent Avenue.